Christian County History and Bibliography
Christian County: Its First 100 Years at Christian County, Missouri Transcribed Records
- Mid the Hills, A History of Nixa 1835-2001
- A Photo History of Nixa & Vicinity
- Down the Road from Nixa
- The Ozark of the Ozark -- A History of Ozark
- The Ozarks Greatest Hits 2005: A Photo History of the Ozarks Music and Musicians
- A Snapshot History of Clever and Hurley
- Down Home---A History of the Greater Spokane Area ~ heavy-duty paperback book with hundreds of photos of the spokane area which includes Christian, Stone, and Taney counties
- A Souvenir of Christian County: 150 Years of History
- Wayne Glenn's Christian County Memories ~ A 192-page soft cover book with a few pictures. It highlights such things as Alf Bolin's beheading and the real story behind Bolin and his fate.
- More Ozarks History ~ 36 short chapters on diverse things, all having to do with Ozarks history. This is the only book currently in print (August 2022)
More Ozarks History by Wayne Glenn is his only book still in print. Purchase locally at Nixa Hardware, the Stone County Museum in Craane, or the White River Valley Historical Society in Forsyth.
- Christian County Museum and Historical Society, P.O. Box 442, Ozark, MO 65721,
Write for current availability.
- Christian County Library, 1005 N. Fourth Avenue, Ozark, MO 65721, (417) 581-2432
Call or write for current availability.
These are more generally for the Ozarks region:
Gilmore, Robert K., Ozark Baptizings, Hangings and Other Diversions, Norman: University of Oklahoma Press, 1984.
Massey, Ellen Gray, ed., Bittersweet Country, Norman: University of Oklahoma Press, 1978.
McDonough, Nancy, Garden Sass: A Catalog of Arkansas Folkways, New York: Coward, McCann & Geoghegan, 1975.
Randolph, Vance, ed., Ozark Folksongs: Volume III, Humorous and Play Party Songs, Columbia: University of Missouri Press, 1980.
Bibliography of Missouri Plants and Wildflowers
Schuette, Bruce, Spring Wildflowers of Missouri State Parks, Jefferson City: Missouri Department of Natural Resources, 1991.
Phillips, Jan, Wild Edibles of Missouri, Jefferson City: The Conservation Commission of the State of Missouri, 1995.