Christian County History and Bibliography
Christian County: Its First 100 Years at Christian County, Missouri Transcribed Records
Christian County Timeline
Memories of Wilma Catherine Morrow: Life in Highlandville, ca. 1905
Memories about Ella Mashburn, Sarah Tyndall, John Masburn, James Crawley, Martin Crawley & Mattie Crawley
- Mid the Hills, A History of Nixa 1835-2001 ~ out of print
- A Photo History of Nixa & Vicinity ~ out of print
- Down the Road from Nixa ~ out of print
- The Ozark of the Ozark -- A History of Ozark ~ out of print
- The Ozarks Greatest Hits 2005: A Photo History of the Ozarks Music and Musicians ~ for sale at $10 plus $6 postage
- A Snapshot History of Clever and Hurley ~ out of print
- Down Home---A History of the Greater Spokane Area ~ heavy-duty paperback book with hundreds of photos of the spokane area which includes Christian, Stone, and Taney counties ~ see price below
- A Souvenir of Christian County: 150 Years of History ~ out of print
- Wayne Glenn's Christian County Memories ~ A 192-page soft cover book with a few pictures. It highlights such things as Alf Bolin's beheading and the real story behind Bolin and his fate. ~ $10 plus $4 postage
- Christian County Museum and Historical Society, P.O. Box 442, Ozark, MO 65721,
Write for current availability.
- Christian County Library, 1005 N. Fourth Avenue, Ozark, MO 65721, (417) 581-2432
Call or write for current availability.
These are more generally for the Ozarks region:
Gilmore, Robert K., Ozark Baptizings, Hangings and Other Diversions, Norman: University of Oklahoma Press, 1984.
Massey, Ellen Gray, ed., Bittersweet Country, Norman: University of Oklahoma Press, 1978.
McDonough, Nancy, Garden Sass: A Catalog of Arkansas Folkways, New York: Coward, McCann & Geoghegan, 1975.
Randolph, Vance, ed., Ozark Folksongs: Volume III, Humorous and Play Party Songs, Columbia: University of Missouri Press, 1980.
Bibliography of Missouri Plants and Wildflowers
Schuette, Bruce, Spring Wildflowers of Missouri State Parks, Jefferson City: Missouri Department of Natural Resources, 1991.
Phillips, Jan, Wild Edibles of Missouri, Jefferson City: The Conservation Commission of the State of Missouri, 1995.